Monday, January 19, 2009

My Mission~

Alright, so here's the basic idea: I started this blog because I find it so hard to walk in a bookstore today and walk out with something I know is going to be good. A lot of times, I just feel lost. I almost always have a clear idea of what I want to find: something exciting, different, maybe a little romantic, accessible but not IQ damaging, etc. Unfortunately, I often end up with a book that gets halfway read and then forgotten in the backseat of my car, never to be seen again. I mean, I have a life. And, I would venture to say, so do some of you reading this. I don't have the time or energy to spend on a book I won't remember reading two weeks from now. If I'm going to put aside the million other things I should be doing to read a book, I want it to do its job. I want it to take me to another place and time. I want to lose myself. I want to forget everything that's going on in my little part of the world and get taken for a ride. And I want to learn something: about other people, other places, other perspectives, and maybe even about myself.

And so I'm compiling this list. I'll write about the books I'm reading and the ones I've already read, and lay out what I think about them. I post some I think are great and some I think are not so hot, and you will have the information to do with as you will.

Of course, my opinion is not the only one that matters here. Feel free, obligated, in fact, to voice your own opinions. Comment! Tell me I'm wrong, tell me I'm completely right, tell me if you decided to read the book, and if so, what you thought about it. And, feel free to send a message my way if you know of a book you think the rest of the world should be reading. I'm posting and looking for accessible books. No Locke or Aristotle, and nothing above PG-13. Any genre, any age range.

This page is all about helping you, me, and our fellow man find a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment